With great pleasure, we invite you to attend the 11th International GeoRaman Conference, one of the two major international conferences centered on laser Raman spectroscopy (LRS) and its applications, to be held in the continental United States for the first time. Here is some preliminary information.
Time, place, and website:
Time: June 15-19, 2014,
Place: Washington University in St. Louis, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO, 63130, USA
Opening ceremony (Sunday): 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Conference days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Field trip (Wednesday): 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Closing ceremony & award presentations (Thursday): 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Preliminary scientific program:
- The most advanced technologies and instrumentation in LRS,
- Portable Raman instrumentation for field application
- Synergistic application of LRS with other technologies,
- Advanced LRS technology and instruments
- The newest LRS applications in the fields of
- Mineral Physics and Geophysics
- Geological Fluids
- Planetary Sciences and Space Exploration
- Carbonaceous Material Science and Geothermometry
- Astrobiology and Paleobiology
- Biomineralization and Environmental Science
- Cultural Heritage and Archaeology
- General Mineralogy, Gemmology, and Petrology
Sponsorship opportunities at conference
- Exhibition booth;
- Sponsored Golden and Silver events;
- Advertisement materials;
- Participation in all activities during conference;
New awards and opportunities for young scientists:
- The best oral and poster presentations given by graduate students;
- The best oral and poster presentations given by early career scientists (within 5 years of the PhD);
- Organized events for young scientists;
Information on venue:
More information on sponsorships, detailed schedules, the field trip, social events, abstract submission, conference registration, visa supporting letter, and logistics gradually will appear on the official website. Please keep your eyes open for updates.
- Conference halls located on the beautiful campus of Washington University in St. Louis. Lecture hall and Exhibition hall are within 1 minute walking distance. Exhibition Hall will host Opening Ceremony, daily coffee breaks, and Poster sessions.
- Washington University campus is connected by a two-line Metrolink light-rail system to St. Louis Lambert International Airport, local hotels, and restaurants, and within walking distance of Forest Park, the Art Museum, St. Louis Zoo, and St. Louis Science Center.
- The conference field trip will take place in the internationally recognized lead-mining region of Missouri and features an underground tour of a now-inactive, historic lead mine.
Welcome to the United States!
Welcome to St. Louis!
Welcome to Washington University!
Please contact us:
Co-chairmen of 11th GeoRaman,
Alian Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Marshall, email@example.com
Coordinator of 11th GeoRaman,
Kathryn Connor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hugh Chou, email@example.com