With great pleasure, we invite you to attend the 11th International GeoRaman Conference, one of the two major international conferences concentrated on laser Raman spectroscopy and its applications, to be held in the continental United States for the first time.
The 11th International GeoRaman conference in St. Louis will focus on two major aspects of laser Raman spectroscopy:
Similar to previous GeoRaman conferences since 1986, we will build a strong scientific program containing oral and poster presentations on world-class scientific studies in the above fields. In addition, for the first time in GeoRaman history, we will present awards to young laser Raman spectroscopy scientists in the following four categories:
- The most advanced technologies and instrumentation, from laboratories to a wide variety of field applications, e.g., industrial and security monitoring, geo-fields, deep ocean, and on other planets;
- The newest applications in studying inorganic, organic, and bio-genetic materials in Earth Sciences, Planetary Sciences, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Archaeology and Archaeometry, Gemmology, and Astrobiology.
- The best oral presentation given by a graduate student;
- The best poster presentation given by a graduate student;
- The best oral presentation given by an early career scientist (within 5 years of the PhD);
- The best poster presentation given by an early career scientist (within 5 years of the PhD).
Preliminary information for your planning:
Time: June 15-19, 2014,
Place: Umrath Hall, Washington University in St. Louis, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO, 63130, USA
Official website: http://georaman2014.wustl.edu
Opening ceremony (Sunday): 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Conference days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Field trip (Wednesday): 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Closing ceremony: Thursday, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Important dates and webpages:
Proposal for specific session due: July 31, 2013
Notice of Interests due: Oct 31, 2013
Abstract due: March 31, 2014
Early registration due: April 30, 2014
Blocked period for hotel reservation: March 1 to May 31, 2014
Need supporting letter to apply US visa ?
Previous GeoRaman and their scientific programs
Touring St. Louis for the families
Holmes Lounge is where the Conference Dinner, Closing Ceremony, and Award Presentation will be held.
More information on sponsorships, session schedules, field trip, and social events will appear on our official website gradually. Please keep your eyes open for updates.
Welcome to the United States!
Welcome to St. Louis!
Welcome to Washington University!
Organization Committee in US:
Professor Alian Wang (co-chairman), Washington University in St. Louis
Professor Craig Marshall (co-chairman), University of Kansas
Professor Jill Pasteris, Washington University in St. Louis
Dr. I-Ming Chou, United States Geological Survey
Dr. Pablo Sobron, Canadian Space Agency